Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Check out our Experience
In the continuously evolving global economy, tough business decisions are inevitable. The global litigation practice of Aina Blankson has a 25-year track record of dealing with major financial, commercial and constitutional disputes.
We are poised to guide our clients through any challenging or critical business, political and financial dispute or strategic decisions bound to arise.
Regardless of the commercial implications of disputes, we design sustainable legal strategies fully complementary to our clients’ businesses objectives in managing such disputes.
We vigorously pursue and protect our clients’ interests until a successful closing, irrespective of the dispute resolution mechanism employed.
Supported by cutting edge technology and lead the field in innovation, Aina Blankson litigators, arbitrators and mediators are proven effective dispute advisers.
We remain strong advocates of dispute avoidance, which is why we advise our clients on how to structure dispute resolution procedures as well as minimize and manage the risk of disputes occurring.
We are not defined by our problem-solving skills, but our ability to guide clients through disputes. Our resources and experience enable us to move quickly and decisively in applying our skills to pre-empt and resolve disputes.
- When Nigeria’s Corporate Affairs Commission and all 23 Banks became embroiled in a dispute which extended the frontiers of mandatory disclosure principle, it was Aina Blankson that the regulatory body turned to for representation in the courts
- When oil conglomerate Chevron engaged BNP Paribas in its attempt to divest interest in one of its major subsidiaries and a dispute arose over compliance with the regulatory framework on takeover bids in Nigeria, Aina Blankson was the firm of choice
- Quite apart from the string of representations on election related disputes in Nigeria, Aina Blankson recently led a team of Lawyers from other firms in successfully defending an incumbent State Governor on an impeachment proceeding before a judicial panel
- Following in its recognition as the firm of choice on banking and finance transactions, Aina Blankson represented a South African bank when questions on the rights and obligations of Parties under a private placement arrangement resulted in litigation
- In a very complex multi-billion dollar corporate structuring transaction which resulted in a court action on the validity of the merger and the plea bargain entered into by the erstwhile Chief Executive, it was Aina Blankson that provided the initial opinion and eventual representation for the acquiring Bank.
- Emelogu Vs. The State (1988) 5 SCNJ 79
- Dickson Arisa Vs. The State (1988) 7 SCNJ 73
- Anieze Vs. Ude (1993) 5 SCNJ 151
- Nzeribe Vs. Dave Engineering (1994) 9 SCNJ 161
- Mbadinuju Vs. Ezuka (1994) 10 SCNJ 109
- C. Nnoli Vs. Unth (1994) 10 SCNJ 71
- Owhonda Vs. Ekpechi (2003) 9 —10 SC 1
- Ndoma-Egba Vs. Uba (2005) 7 SC (PT. III) 27
- Chigbu Vs. Tonimas (2006) 4 SC (PT. II) 186
- G. Anam bra Vs. A.G. Federation (2005) 5 SC (PT. I) 73
- Nwankwo Vs. Nwankwo (1995) 5 SCNJ 44
- Ubn Plc Vs. Bonimakus (2005) 7 SC (PT. II) 70
- Chief T. A. Orji & Anor. Vs. P. D. P (2009) 14 NWLR (PT. pp1161) 310 CA.